Free half-hour consultation. If you aren’t sure you need the services of an independent college counselor (also called an independent educational consultant, or IEC), I can meet with you and your family to discuss how I might be of help.
Two Bridges College Consulting offers comprehensive college planning services for students and their families, matching students with colleges that are the best fit for them academically, socially, emotionally, and financially.
Scope of Services for Comprehensive Package
The consultant will:
- assess the student’s personality, interests, strengths, areas for improvement, and academic/extracurricular profile
- enroll the student and family in CollegePlannerPro, an online college-planning program
- help student explore potential careers and majors
- assist in selection of high school academic curricular choices, extracurriculars, and meaningful summer activities
- provide the most current information about colleges
- explain and provide guidance through the college planning process, including discussion of standardized tests, application deadlines, financial aid
- support the student and family through the transition from high school to college
- clarify student’s priorities and requirements for his/her college experience, understand the selection criteria of specific colleges or universities, and research and select appropriate schools to generate a long list of schools with appropriate fit and match
- compile a college list that fits the student academically, socially, emotionally, and financially, with schools ranging from those where the student has a high chance of admission to those that are more selective
- assist the family with planning college visits
- provide guidance in the application process
- work with the student on application essays from brainstorming through final drafts
- explain how to navigate the financial aid network
- assess award letters
- assist with wait-list or appeals process, if necessary
- be a sounding board for making “The Decision”
- for students who need accommodations for learning differences or physical restrictions, facilitate communication with college’s office of disability services
The comprehensive package, encompassing all of the services above, includes face-to-face (when safe) or Zoom meetings, extensive consultant research between meetings, and email/phone consultations between meetings. In-person/Zoom sessions typically last 60 to 90 minutes.
Summer 2020 special
Hourly fee for any aspect of the comprehensive service = $125